Thursday, February 25, 2010

Why do women think gay men hair stylist are better than regular women or men?

When I was in the biz girls loved this gay guy who couldn't do hair worth a crap, he messed up alot. And was constantly asking me for help. I don't understand?Why do women think gay men hair stylist are better than regular women or men?
Ya know I ask myself that often . Several of my girlfriends have a gay guy as their stylists which would be fine and dandy with me but the guy they all use has seriosly messed up all of their hair in some way or another at some point . Yet they continue to go back . I dont get it ! I personally dont care if its a guy / girl / gay / straight person , as long as they can cut , color , and style the way I ask them too ! Maybe it has to fo with all the hype of having a gay guy do their hair . Its unfortunate that some of them arent so great and it makes you and I have mixed feelings about gay guys doing our own hair !Why do women think gay men hair stylist are better than regular women or men?
Well Rebecca S, Our bigoted society has a generalized view of gay males. This view is that they are all limp-wristed hair stylists. And because all gay men do is hair, they must be great at it. You may as well say the same about asians and how well they are supposed to be at doing nails, since every nail place you go to has all asians working there. But from the way you ended your question, I would have to say you have some unconfronted bigotry in yourself. ';regular women or men?'; Hmm? So you mean gay people aren't regular?





My impression of you:





So like there was this guy in the bookstore and he like stole some stuff and like just left. And I was like trying to describe him to the cops... and I was like... hmm... I would have to say he wasn't a regular guy... he was like not regular... yeah, like totally. So like when I asked the officer if that was enough information... he was like ';thanks for your help young lady';.
I think you're being a little generalizing - just because you knew one gay hair dresser who was adored by women despite the fact that he couldn't do hair very well does not mean that all women prefer a gay male hair dresser just because he is gay and cannot do hair, nor does it mean that all gay male hair dressers are not good at what they do.





I prefer anyone who can do to my hair what I want done - doesn't matter to me if they're gay, straight, bisexual, male, female, transgendered - whatever.





EDIT: Oooh, thumbs down...did I hit a nerve with some generalizing bigot? Soooo soooorrry to have pointed out your prejudiced flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment